5 Top Reasons for Income Protection Insurance
Australia is one of the most under-insured countries in the developed world. Our "She'll be right" attitude means more than 85% of us couldn't sufficiently support ourselves or our family in the event of illness or injury, increasing stress, forcing asset sales or forgoing health requirements when we need it most. We have no hesitation in insuring our car, yet most of us won't consider insuring our income. So, what are the top 5 reasons:
1. If you cannot work it will replace a portion of your income so you can pay your bills.
2. It can help to pay out of pocket medical expensese.
3. Workers compensation will only cover you for work related accidents, income protection covers you 24/7 worldwide for accidents and sickness.
4. Without an income plan there will be no money to save for retirement.
5. It is fully tax deductible to help ease the cost of the cover.